Notifications are handy for quickly knowing when a significant change has taken place for important keywords. Marking these keywords with a "star" enables you to receive notifications for them.
You can see how many notifications you have for each domain in the Dashboard view. You can also click on these to jump into the overview and see the specific changes.
Setting up Notifications
Marking these keywords with a "star" enables you to receive notifications for them.
At the bottom of the Overview Page, you can see notifications when any of the following takes place in rankings:
- Rank changes on starred keywords
- Change or movement on highly ranked keywords
- If a keyword that was previously unranked becomes ranked.
- If a keyword that was previously ranked becomes unranked.
Notifications on Preferred URLs
When a keyword is not ranked for the correct URL, it can indicate that visitors to the site are not finding the content they are looking for. This can lead to page abandonment, low dwell times and a high bounce rate resulting in a decline in rankings.
- Preferred URL - If a keyword is newly linked to the correct landing page
- Preferred URL - If a keyword is newly unlinked from the correct landing page.
Green coloring indicates a positive change and red indicates a negative change.
A green eye icon indicates a jump into the top 500, and a red eye icon means the keyword has fallen out of the top 500 so is no longer being tracked.
Want to filter your keywords list to only show star marked keywords? Learn more about filters here.