Top Speakers at UnGagged London 2018
Last updated on Monday, June 4, 2018
UnGagged unconventional SEO & Digital Marketing conference on June 11-12th will gather the most forward-thinking Digital Marketers who will share their knowledge and wisdom.
So join us, get UnGagged and inspired with us in London!
The question is – which speakers should you see?
To make life easier for you, we have done the groundwork, talked with speakers and gathered the overview of who are the top speakers you cannot miss at UnGagged London.
So whatever your area of speciality or interest there is something for you and during your well-deserved breaks …
Don’t forget to visit AccuRanker’s booth
Our amazing team (Henrik, Christian, Martin & iEva) will be there to answer your questions, keep you updated on the latest keyword rank tracking tool updates and discuss how we can help you get the most accurate SEO data so you can make data-driven decisions for your SEO Strategy.
We have tonnes of stuff going on at the booth and the Conference’s BEST giveaways and competition – stay tuned to our social media profiles for more info!
– Keynote – Room 1 & 2 – 11.30 am – 12.30 pm
Jono Alderson, Mad Scientist – Yoast.com
For years, Google denied the existence of negative SEO. They claimed that it was impossible for external agents and bad actors to harm your performance from the outside-in. They lied. It’s a trivial amount of effort for bad actors to disrupt, manipulate, and harm other websites and businesses.
What if I told you that any business which is making decisions from their analytics, bidding or spending money based on campaign performance, or employing staff to manage their tracking accounts is incredibly vulnerable to attack.
What if I told you that, if cleverly executed, those attacks scale easily, are invisible, and can’t be defended against?
No hyperbole. No bullshit. No fluff.
I’m going to talk through some strictly “don’t try this at home” attacks, tactical executions, and defences – and get you thinking about what you’re doing to protect your data and your livelihood.
Join me and get UnGagged
- Learn how vulnerable your web analytics and connected systems are to attack
- Explore some theoretical attack vectors, and possible defences
- Don’t try this at home!
Room 1 – 2:30 pm – 3:25 pm
Chris ‘Kubby’ Kubbernus, Founder & CEO – Kubb&Co
Video marketing is gaining importance and is estimated to represent 82% of all IP traffic by 2021. Yes, it is crucial to implement video marketing but two very vital elements that agencies, brands, and SEO specialists have to be mindful of are Content & Search Optimization.
I’ll explain how to do video right, from start to finish. I’ll walk through step-by-step on creating a high-performance video that is searchable, clickable, viewable and shareable. You will learn how I went from 0 YouTube subscribers to 10,000 in less than a year and zero views to over 500,000 views.
- How you can produce video that performs
- How you can make video searchable and clickable
- And how you can milk it for all it’s worth
Room 1 – 4.00 pm – 4.55 pm
Jenna Tiffany, Founder & Strategy Director – Let’sTalk Strategy
25th May 2018 was the day when marketing changed forever, Europe implementing the most significant changes to data protection rules in two decades with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). There is no more opt out, only explicit opt-in consent to receive marketing. The most significant change for all has been in the consumer’s expectations, expectations that we as marketers will no longer assume consent and one where we will respect and protect the data provided. But what has changed and is it the end of marketing as we know it?
I will take you through:
- A review of what’s changed and how your business can optimise its marketing in a post-GDPR world
- How the marketing industry reacted amidst the Facebook & Cambridge Analytica scandals – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Reviewing the reactions of consumers, do they still trust us?
- Taking you through the next legislation to change, (yes there is another one!) ePrivacy and how your business needs to start preparing now
– Keynote – Room 1 & 2 – 10:00 am – 10:55 am
Greg Gifford, Vice President of Search at DealerOn, Inc
Local SEO has changed the game and made it harder than ever to show in local searches. Greg Gifford will explain what factors influence local visibility beyond proximity and teach you exactly how to optimize your website to appear in local searches. After the session, you will know how to get corporate buy-in for Local SEO, and how to sell your agency better to clients.
See my speech to:
- Learn the differences between Local SEO and traditional SEO
- Discover a new and better link building strategy and workflow
- How to make localized content that converts local customers
– Keynote – Room 1 & 2 – 11:00 am – 11.55 am
Joe Sinkwitz, Principal – Digital Heretix
While the title of the presentation indicates I’m going to be talking about how to extract more profit from a PBN using influencer networks, I wanted to take it a step further. What I instead intend to do is provide my documented approach with a white hat and black hat track on how to create a profitable PBN from scratch using free and nearly free tools. By approaching the topic from this angle, the subject matter specific to then using influencer networks as a sales driver becomes more relevant and actionable, especially to those in the audience that have never created a PBN.
Come and see my speech to:
- Learn my approach in creating a PBN from scratch, from a white hat and black hat perspective
- See why and how you should be using influencer networks to increase your profits while lowering search risks
- I took the stage in a giant, inflatable Baymax costume in November; what will it be in London?
Room 2 – 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm
Lukasz Zelezny, Head of SEO – uSwitch.com , zelezny.uk
I will be talking about how to utilize content, how to find quick wins and low hanging fruits.
I will also refer to WordPress as these days this is the most popular CMS and its worth to give attendees some information about what quickly can help with optimization of their websites based on this CMS.
Then I will talk a bit about hosting and what to take a look when deciding on which hosting to use. Finally, a bit about link building so I hope that attendees will find a lot of added value in my presentation.
Room 1 – 2.00 pm – 2.55 pm
Tim Stewart, Owner – trsdigital Ltd
Digital Marketing is flooded with data points and data sources that Digital Marketers need to consider, and furthermore, present to the stakeholders in a simple and understandable way. This is a complicated task as you cannot look at data sets in isolation but rather consider the combined impact of proposition, marketing and consumer experience. In order to be able to plan when optimising conversions, you have to make sure to utilise all available data. That being said, there is always issue of time as data analysis is a time consuming process when working to optimise conversion. The value you can deliver depends on the effectiveness of the test you will run.
I will walk you through step by step so you will leave UnGagged with ideas and tools to try on your own, as well as have a better understanding of:
- How to build a reporting stack for beginner, intermediate and more advanced setups
- How to get started with key analytics reports and setup considerations for testing
- How to identify opportunities to test at any level
Room 2 – 2:00 pm – 2:55 pm
Jill Quick, Co-Founder – The Coloring in Department
Don’t you just hate it when you log into Google Analytics, zoom to Acquisition> All Channels and make decisions on what you see, only to find out it’s all -so- wrong.
Making those ill-informed, on the spot marketing decisions, allocating your budgets etc, to then find out that it’s all big mess, and you have to spend yet more time mopping your tears off your keyboard.
Good news, for people going to UnGagged (high five), I’m doing a talk on how I’ve spent my long years playing with the reports. The right way, the wrong way and everything in between, including:
See my speech and find out:
- How Google Analytics actually defines your marketing channels, and how you can make mistakes with the channel definitions
- How to tinker with your settings and some important stuff outside of Google’s default setup. (Spoiler alert, you need to do this, especially if you are doing paid social)
- Gain an analysis superpower by pulling non-Google product data (e.g. not AdWords) into your account
Room 1 – 3.15 pm – 4.10 pm
Russell McAthy, CEO – CUBED Attribution
In this talk Russell from CUBED Attribution – will show how you need to change your thinking to look at the non-converting visits, shifting from customers to consumers. You then need to look at true ROI and value instead of just chasing revenue. Finally how you drive actions and not just providing numbers that fill a pointless dashboard.
The finale will showcase you the future of Lifetime value… Future Customer Value (TM) – where Russell believes we will all need to moving forward.
You should come to my talk because:
- There will be examples from all the major marketing channels for you to take back to your office and showcase how you need to change the way you manage your marketing activity
- There will be a lot of energy – you will not fall asleep in this one!
- You will come away with reformed and/or refined ideas on attribution and the way you do your marketing
So many great speakers, so little time… You can see the list of all UnGagged speakers here.
In between the speeches – make sure you stop by and say Hi – come and find us at AccuRanker’s booth – join in our Conference Competition, take a look at our system, chat to the team!
We can’t wait to see you in London!
Don’t have an AccuRanker account yet? You can sign up now!